Popular wedding themes is the subject of this week’s blog. A key question asked at our client meeting/telephone calls – can you fit in with my wedding theme?
At Gordy is a DJ we are proud to be able to say yes of course we can!! Every wedding is individual after all and no two weddings will incorporate the exact same music.
What is a wedding theme exactly?
A wedding or party ‘theme’, is simply a certain style choice for your day that you then reflect in your choice of invitations, dress code, decorations, music, you name it!
Whether you choose something like a particular subject as a theme, (such as football, film or chocolate), or a colour theme, (e.g pink, black and white or multiple colours), a wedding theme will create a unique style and mood for your celebrations and the choice of theme is entirely up to you.
Once you’ve chosen your theme, you’ll then tailor your wedding specifically from styling the glasses and centerpieces to choosing the correct music and lighting which is where we can help!
Over the years, Gordy is a DJ has had the great pleasure of being involved in many weddings each with their own individual style. Here is a list of our favourite ones;
- Ibiza (beach) Theme – glow sticks, chilled out ministry of sound music during the meal and then a rave style party were the highlights of Angela and Graeme’s special day.
- Christmas Theme – no matter what month of the year – red and green moodlighting, a snow machine and Christmas music enhanced this wedding.
- Rat Pack Theme – songs from Dean Martin, Harry Connick Junior, and old Frankie himself were key for this fabulous wedding plus 1960’s props were fantastic.
- Theatrical Theme – any musicals can be chosen but we particuarly loved James and Norman’s Wicked theme.
- Film/TV e.g. Harry Potter, Game of Thrones and James Bond are just some of the popular themes we have enjoyed seeing.
Working closely with our wedding couples, Gordy is a DJ loves planning the music and lighting so that the theme is reflected throughout the entire wedding!
For more information about how we can help you plan your ideal wedding theme, please get in touch today here.