The most popular music requests at weddings is the subject of this week’s blog. Everyone has a favourite song don’t they? Gordy is a DJ loves receiving music requests from wedding guests as they are so varied. What one person likes, another won’t – that is human nature. However by meeting our wedding couple in advance to discuss their likes and dislikes, Gordy is a DJ will tailor the wedding to suit the couple’s needs.
Whether you like rock, indie or pop and cheese – there is music out there to suit all tastes. It is our job to play music to suit a range of ages – something for everyone!
We have compiled a list of the most popular song requests Gordy is a DJ receives by decade. These may not be to everyone’s taste but give a flavour of what our wedding couples and their guests LOVE!
Don’t panic if you read this list and disagree – this is only a small snapshot of what we are REGULARLY asked to play! There is no right or wrong!
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Do You Love Me – Contours
- The Twist – Chubby Checker
- You Never Can Tell – Chuck Berry
- Oh What A Night – Four Seasons
- Shang-A-Lang – Bay City Rollers
- Beautiful Sunday (slosh) – Daniel Boone
- The Gambler – Kenny Rogers
- Grease Megamix – Grease Cast
- A little respect – Erasure
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- I’m Gonna Be – Proclaimers
- I Think We’re Alone Now – Tiffany
- Artemesia – Bits & Pieces
- We Like To Party – Vengaboys
- Everybody – Backstreet Boys
- Jump Around – House Of Pain
- When You’re Looking Like That – Westlife
- Mr Brightside – Killers
- Reach – S Club 7
- I’m Alive – Celine Dion
- Single Ladies – Beyonce
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars/Mark Ronson
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- This Is Me – Kaela Settle
- Shotgun – George Ezra
- Despacito – Luis Fonsi
Dance music, rap music and country music are all genres that we can also cater for. Music is such a diverse subject and very individual but a wedding can incorporate any type of music the couple wants.
Our only friendly advice we give to all our clients is that what you may listen to on your ipod when on the train or in the car is perhaps different to what people dance to at weddings. That is why a mixture of music from all genres works best.
For more information on how we can help you with your wedding music, please contact us here!